Good practices and investments related to Cleaner Production
Example No. 13
Systems for the intake of biogas and the production of electrical and thermal energy in cogeneration
BWiK WOD-KAN Sp. z o.o. in Biała Podlaska
Industry branch: wastewater treatment, waste management
Resources in question:
- Electrical energy
- Thermal energy
- Emissions into the atmosphere
Cost (implementation of good practice):
- Wastewater treatment and waste management processes consume a lot of energy. At the same time, a substantial potential for energy recovery is accumulated in wastewater and municipal waste.
- Biogas can be obtained thanks to the organic fermentation of the municipal waste fractions, and its use from this type of source has become possible thanks to the construction of the Waste Management Plant for the Biała Podlaska region
- In 2000, as part of the sewage treatment plant modernization program, the company built a system for the intake of biogas from sewage sludge and production of electrical and thermal energy in cogeneration. The first gas generator was also purchased.
- In 2014, as part of the "Construction of the Waste Management Plant", the company built a system enabling the production of biogas from municipal waste and the production of electrical and thermal energy in gas-powered CHP plants in blocks, the so-called "Gas motors." Surplus biogas from the Waste Management Plant is sent via a pipeline to a biogas-powered CHP in the Sewage Treatment Plant for full use of the generated electricity and heat.
Obtained benefits and effects of the implementation:
- Annual Production:
- of biogas: approx. 600,000 m3 / year
- of electrical energy: approx. 1,300 MWh (covers on average over 20% of the demand by the wastewater treatment process and municipal waste management, and fully covers the Company's needs for thermal energy)
- of thermal energy: approx. 8,000 GJ.
- The use of a renewable energy source
- Savings for the residents (the price of supply of 1 m3 of water and sewage disposal for the residents of Biała Podlaska is PLN 6.83 and is the lowest in the Lubelskie Province).
The implementation of the task is part of the ecological activities pursued by the Company under the idea of EKOCITY Biała Podlaska (ecological city) and the sustainable development strategy implemented under the Cleaner Production Program.
Gas motors - Waste Management Plant
0 komentarze :