Good practices and investments related to Cleaner Production
Example No. 7
Virtualisation and digitisation, reduction of paper documentation
MCD Electronics sp. z o.o. in Żywiec
Industry branch: electronic industry
Resources in question:
- Materials (paper)
- Waste (paper)
- The company created its own IT system for documentation management. In all departments there are the so called "kiosks" where one can scan the received documents and assign them relevant rights (who can have access to them). There is no need to copy and distribute the documentation - everyone, after logging in, can access the necessary documents in electronic version, through any "kiosk". This does not mean that the printed documentation has disappeared, but only those documents that need to be in this form due to legal regulations or contractors' requirements are stored in the paper version.
- The company has implemented an ERP system, with a wide application of barcodes. The identification of elements in the warehouse (and e.g. change of their place on the shelves), equipment, employees and even the sequence of technological operations is based on barcodes, which significantly simplifies and speeds up individual processes and reduces the amount of documentation.
- Reduction of paper consumption
- More efficient production process management
- Better opportunities to manage documents, archive, use the necessary data that is available "on the spot" in a simple and structured way
Photo by MCD Electronics sp. z o.o.