Good practices and investments related to Cleaner Production
Example No. 45
Replacement of the cooling system of machines and molds
TPP Thermoplastics Polska Sp. z o.o., Solec Kujawski
Industry branch: plastics
Main products: soil stabilization systems (lawn and parking grids) made from recycled and recyclable materials
Resources in question:
- Fossil fuels
- Emissions into the atmosphere (indirectly)
During the environmental review, one of the factors generating high electricity consumption was found to be an inefficient mold and hydraulic cooling system (high energy consumption, insufficient cooling power), using glycol. Therefore, alternative solutions were considered, based on, among other things, consultations with specialists and consultants in the refrigeration equipment industry, as well as observation of refrigeration solutions in operation at other production facilities.
The cooling system will consist of two circuits:
- Cooling of hydraulics through 2 mechanical draft cooling towers
- Cooling of the molds through a refrigerating unit
The new system was seated in a specially constructed container located outside the hall. This has given additional space savings that can be utilized for production needs, and has contributed to lower noise levels inside the hall. Building the new system and adapting machinery to it required a temporary stoppage of production, but the company has secured goods in stock for the time of the project's implementation.
Obtained benefits and effects of the implementation:
- Savings in terms of electricity consumed, and thus fuel consumption and emissions – including CO2:
- electricity consumption reduction: 1,001,277 kWh/year, including:
- by using mechanical draft cooling towers to cool the equipment: 650,160 kWh
- by using the refrigerating unit relief: 351,117 kWh/year
- indirect reduction of CO2 emissions (generated during production of the aforementioned electricity): approx. 780 Mg/year
- Elimination from the system of the use of glycol as a coolant,
- Increase in the production capacity by 5% with a more efficient cooling system (reducing production cycle time through optimal cooling of machines and molds)
- Savings from reduced electricity consumption: 3%
- Return on investment: 2 years and 10 months.
- Report on the Cleaner Production Project No. 5ind.778, developed within the framework of the Cleaner Production Academy “Project of cooling system replacement at TPP Thermoplastics Polska Sp. z o.o.”
- Materials (including photos) submitted by TPP Thermoplastics Polska Sp. z o.o.
0 komentarze :