Good practices and investments related to Cleaner Production
Example No. 16
No-cost and low-cost measures resulting in reduction of water consumption
WANAS Marek Waszkiewicz, Nisko near Rzeszów
Industry branch: manufacturing industry
Main products: air handling units
Resources in question:
At the small company WANAS, with about 25 employees, relatively high water consumption was observed for domestic, sanitary and kitchen needs. The water, which is used exclusively for social purposes, is drawn from a water supply system operated by the local water supply and sewage company. The goal of the measures taken was therefore to reduce excessive water consumption.
The following solutions were applied:
- Reduction of water pressure from 2.7 bar to 2.00 bar by using additional control valves (confirmed by pressure measurements taken before and after adjustment)
- Purchase and installation of 7 pieces of so-called aerators (i.e. inexpensive, water-saving tips, installed on the ends of spouts, reducing the amount of water coming out through them without reducing the comfort of washing – see photo).
The implementation of the project was supported by an information campaign on the company's premises entitled “save water”.
- Reduced water consumption for social and domestic purposes by 19%, which translates into about 22 m3 of water and savings of about PLN 900 per year
- Raising awareness of resource conservation among the company's employees, thanks to an information campaign titled “Every drop counts!”
photo by WANAS Marek Waszkiewicz
- Report on the Cleaner Production Project No. 5ind.779, developed within the framework of the Cleaner Production Academy at WANAS Marek Waszkiewicz: "Reduction of water consumption for social and living purposes at Wanas, using Cleaner Production strategy"
- Materials (including photos) submitted by WANAS Marek Waszkiewicz