Good practices and investments related to Cleaner Production
Example No. 25
Renewable energy generation and indirect emission reduction through installation of photovoltaic panels
Grupa GAL Sp. z o.o., Bielsko-Biała
Place of implementation of good practice: Branch in Rybnik
Industry branch: metallurgical industry
Main services: performance of anti-corrosion coatings
Resources in question:
- Electrical energy (RES)
- Fossil fuels (indirectly)
- Emissions into the atmosphere (indirectly)
(Total investment cost calculated on the basis of valuation of project stages: PLN 193,971, including: construction opinion: PLN 3,690, roof reinforcement: PLN 3,936, photovoltaic system design with installation of panels: PLN 186,345)
Description of the problem:
The system is located on two roofs and is divided into 3 sectors. The total number of panels is 130, giving an area of about 227 m2.
Obtained benefits and effects of the implementation:
- Considering the fuel structure of the external electricity supplier
- reduced carbon dioxide emissions by about 1,050 Mg over 30 years of photovoltaic system operation.
- reduced particulate matter emissions by about 45 kg over 30 years.
- Financial savings from using one’s own source: about PLN 32,500/year (PLN 32,500 x 30 years = PLN 975,000, assuming current prices and ignoring changes in the value of money over time). The investment should pay off in about six years.
- Report on the Cleaner Production Project No. 3ind.753, developed within the framework of the Cleaner Production Academy at Grupa GAL Sp. z o.o.: “Reducing energy consumption and emission of CO2 and particulate matter by installing photovoltaic panels at the branch of PPUH GAL Sp. z o. o. Sp. k. in Rybnik at ul. Mikołowska 116C”
- Materials (including photos) submitted by Grupa GAL Sp. z o.o.