photo by Sun Investment Development Pl Sp. z o.o.
Good practices and investments related to Cleaner Production
Example No. 28
Minimizing paper consumption in the project office by virtualization of documentation
Sun Investment Development Pl Sp. z o.o. – Branch in Gliwice
Industry branch: RES (Renewable Energy Sources)
Main services: design of photovoltaic farms
Resources in question:
- Materials (paper)
- Electrical energy
Description of the problem:
a) decisions on environmental conditions (DŚU),
b) decisions on land development conditions (WZ),
c) decisions on the terms of connection (WP),
d) construction permits – including decisions on the location of the exit, agreements (PnB)
with accompanying documentation.
Preparing and sending the aforementioned documents involves a very high consumption of paper, both for printing and for the correspondence carried out, as well as a high consumption of toner for printers and the electricity consumed by these devices.
a) via ePUAP portal,
b) by e-mail.
The legal possibilities of sending applications electronically (including, among others, which documents must be submitted in paper form), the favorability of offices processing applications to change the form of documentation (surveys and telephone interviews with employees of offices, analysis of the rules and regulations of energy suppliers, etc.) and the costs of implementing such solutions were checked.
Finally, a detailed range of documentation that can be sent electronically to individual offices and institutions was established. The results are summarized in the following table.
Obtained benefits and effects of the implementation:
- Average number of A4 sheets used to send applications for 1 project: reduced by 11.3%
- Average number of A3 sheets used to send applications for 1 project: reduced by 9.5%
- Amount of waste generated (paper): reduced by 29.8%
- Cost of sending applications for 1 Project: reduced by 84%
- Lower toner consumption
- Lower electricity consumption by a printer
- Savings from paper consumption and correspondence – estimated at about PLN 50,000/year (in the period 01.01-20.05.2022, the company saved more than PLN 20,000 thanks to the introduction of electronic applications). The money invested in this activity paid off for the company in 2 months
Opportunities for virtualization of sent applications – summary of analysis
- Report on the Cleaner Production Project No. 49.803, developed within the framework of the Cleaner Production Academy at Sun Investment Development Pl Sp. z o.o. – Branch in Gliwice: “Minimizing waste generation in the design office in Gliwice”