Good practices and investments related to Cleaner Production
Example No. 36
Reduced transportation and plastic waste by purchasing a drinking water dispenser for employees
Nestor Springs Sp. z o.o. Sp. k.
Industry branch: Furniture industry
Main products: Spring units, pockets and springs used for mattresses and upholstered furniture
Resources in question:
(approx. PLN 4,000.00/year – the cost of renting a distributor; service and filters are included in the rental price)
Description of the problem:
It should also be added that employees do not use disposable cups when using the dispenser. They are not available at the company at all, and most employees have their own reusable cups or bottles. In addition, the company has a shared kitchen, equipped with basic utensils and a dishwasher, which also prevents the possible use of disposables.
Obtained benefits and effects of the implementation:
- Elimination of water packaging, which is made of plastic – reduced plastic waste generation: by about 750 bottles/year, each with a capacity of 18.9 liters
- Elimination of transportation and associated emissions (and fuel consumption) generated during delivery of water to the company
- Savings: about PLN 8,000/year
- Report on the Cleaner Production Project No. 49.790, developed within the framework of the Cleaner Production Academy at Nestor Springs Sp. z o.o. Sp.k.: “Reducing environmental impact at Nestor Springs, in line with Cleaner Production principles”
- Materials (including photos) submitted by Nestor Springs