photo by PPHU Polipack Sp.J.
Good practices and investments related to Cleaner Production
Example No. 41
Changing the method of delivery and storage of selected plastics from single-use bags and big-bags to transport by road tankers and storage in silos
PPHU Polipack Sp.J. I. Więckowska i K. Kolmetz, Gościcino
Industry branch: packaging industry
Resources in question:
- Electrical energy
- Secondary raw materials
- Emissions into the atmosphere
(approx. PLN 1.15 million – silo costs)
Description of the problem:
Plastic granulates were delivered to the company in 25 kg bags (which became waste after unloading) and in big-bags. It was also necessary to use pallets that could be damaged and required storage and additional transportation, for example, back to suppliers, and forklifts (electricity consumption). Logistical processes caused, among other things, inconvenience during unloading (a lot of manual work – e.g., pouring the contents of bags into containers, manually loading plastic for production). Delivered batches of material took up a significant amount of storage space. There was also a risk of material contamination.
Obtained benefits and effects of the implementation:
- Elimination of big-bag and bag waste, reduced use of pallets (total waste reduction of about 100 Mg/year)
- Savings of about PLN 101,400/year (payback period: about 11 years and 4 months)
- Energy savings – no use of forklifts to unload big-bags/pallets with materials delivered to the company
- Improved ergonomics of employees' work
- Release of storage space
- Safer storage of raw material, less risk of contamination (from pallets and the big bag itself)
- Report on the Cleaner Production Project No. 7ind.785, developed within the framework of the Cleaner Production Academy at PPHU Polipack Sp.J. I. Więckowska i K. Kolmetz: “Changing the method of delivery and storage of selected plastics from single-use big-bags to transport by road tankers and storage in silos”
- Materials (including photos) submitted by PPHU Polipack Sp.J.
0 komentarze :